What’s not to love about palm trees? Whenever I see palm trees, I think of tropical beaches in paradise and this top makes me feel like I’m going on a Hawaiian getaway, umbrella drink included. My sister gifted me this shirt for my birthday in June and I’ve worn it constantly with jeans and cutoffs – even alone over my bikini as a cover up! Such a perfect summer top!
I swapped my denim blues for white denim as a nice shift from my heavy darks. I think white jeans are perfect for anchoring prints, especially when you are mixing them. What’s a summer outfit without a panama hat and statement sunglasses? These are my summer essentials and pulls the whole “summery vibe” look together. Chunky sandals can be cute depending on how you style them and my all black Birkenstocks are further proof that basically everything goes with them.
I hope you guys are enjoying what’s left of the summer because it’ll be gone before you know it! I’m about to spend the rest of my #PalmSundaze hunting for palm trees. ❤
Photos by Gladys Jem
Here’s what I’m wearing // and other options
Madewell Courier Palm shirt // Madewell Peplum tank
Current/Elliott The Fling jeans // AG Ex Boyfriend slouchy jean
Biltmore and Madewell Panama hat // Off 5th Panama hat
Fendi Cat Eye sunglasses // Quay Fleur Cat Eye
Birkenstocks Monterey leather sandals // Vince Orson slides
On Sunday’s I also like to catch up on my favorite blogs and I wanted to share with you Talk Pray Shop by my lovely friend Amanda! Her posts are filled with feel-good content so please check it out and you’ll see why this blue-eyed beauty is one of my faves!
10 reasons why I love Amanda Sue:
- She’s a die-hard donut lover like me. Enough said.
- Her confident belief and trust with God.
- She’s a full-time elementary school teacher and is great with kids!
- When she’s not teaching, she’s teaching barre classes. No wonder she can eat all those donuts and still maintain a bikini bod!
- Her personally hand-written monthly letters of encouragement that she sends to her readers. How genuinely sweet is that? Want one? Sign up here.
- Her style is super cute and is always well accessorized. 🙂
- She’s got a great sense of humor! I love that I find humor in some of her blog and Instagram posts.
- A true darling and is beautiful inside AND out. She even shipped me a donut mug earlier this year in case they sold out at my hometown Target. So thoughtful and sweet!
- The fact that she got married on my birthday! How awesome is that? Makes it easier to remember her wedding anniversary! Haha!
- What I like about her the most is her modesty and humbleness. She is a good role model to others and practices what she preaches. This darling is genuine and has a kind heart. Love you, Amanda Sue!